Sunday 29 April 2018

Exp 2: Week 3: Lumion Final Result

The following are my final result pictures of the UNSW Lightrail stop for Exp 2.

CONCEPT: SUSTAINABILITY

Each render has slightly different context and textures; to more accurately portray my ideas and concepts whilst still staying within the assessment brief.


This photo shows the view from slightly below eye level on the Lightrail platform. It also shows my first texture (medium) on the staircase leading up from the pedestrian area to the platform.



This picture has been posted to show platform detail. Very minimalist and elegant; a nod towards my Enric Miralles concept of an elegant geometrical composition. This is furthered when looking at my spiral detailing; simple and thin yet sculpturally unique.


This photo details my site and my pedestrian area. Anzac Parade has been reclaimed by pedestrians in a perfect world; where the air around high pedestrian areas is clear from motor traffic. In a lower photo you can see my tunnel created divert motor traffic from this area.
This space enables commuters to be relaxed in a fast paced environment and this detailing shows further how I feel that people will interact with this space.


This photo shows my train tracks flow into the distance. For my trams; they are all above ground for both safety and to maximise space; buildings are being built up and up! why not the entire Lightrail system? Just like Sydney's old monorail that travelled high across pedestrians in Pyrmont.


This photo addresses my theme; sustainability. At a first glance the solar panels are a deliberate attempt to be sustainable. Yet many siting choices such as trees surrounding the stop and my circular spirals address noise pollution and make the spaces around the stop liveable and workable; who wants to live next to a rickety train station? With noise absorbing qualities the spiral captures noise before it escapes into the area.



This photo is free from my railroad texture. the reflective surface is in relation to my Amanda Levete concept; simultaneous inclusivity and exclusivity. The objects around the station are mirrored; enabling it to be a part of the site, whilst its unique form make it sculpturally exclusive.



This photo details the 5 prisms i chose to curve, and form a link between the UNSW campus and the lightrail station.



 This photo is a close up of the 'glass elevator' i created in the prism holding the station upright. It makes the station wheelchair and pushchair accessable.


This shows the 'light' texture that was opaque in Sketchup but couldn't be edited properly in Lumion! This divides the area of people 'tapped on' to use the tram and general pedestrian areas.

This photo is from Sketchup. Lumion's terrain cut my tunnel off and I wanted to show what it is supposed to look like. A simple bypass tunnel with a ramp that takes all motor traffic and all it's pollution away from the area. This is a sustainable choice for motor traffic.

Here is a summary photo of my Lightrail stop

No comments:

Post a Comment