Saturday 28 April 2018

Exp 2: Week 2: Lumion Development

I chose the combination of my 4th and 5th axo's to form my lightrail stop.



I have chosen to keep my 5th axo curved; yet have made a few changes to the structure; hollowing out each of the two lower prisms and shrinking their width so it can act as a walkway connecting the University's main entrance and the Lightrail stop.

The following are Lumion screenshots to demonstrate my ideas.

1) This first image outlines the site and the amount of space I intend to use with this stop.
If I were to have designed the entire Lightrail system I would have placed all the motor traffic underground; easing pedestrian congestion along Anzac Parade and increasing the flow of movement in the area. I put people along ANZAC parade to suggest this.

You can also see that i have rotated my 5th axonometric away from 90 degrees; this is justified as it serves as a link between the university site and lightrail stop; anzac parade meets the entrance of UNSW at a non-right angle; this requires a non-right-angled link.


2) The second image shows a close up of my axonometrics detailing height and scale compared to its surroundings.
This image also shows a close up of the materials I intend to use for my main structure; reflective and inclusive of its surroundings yet sculpturally exclusive as per my Amanda Levete concept.



3) The third image is an eye level shot of the University access point to the stop.
This also gives the viewer a further understanding of scale with the pedestrians and how the structure has been changed to be less heavy; more thin, detailed and elegant in the two lower prisms of my curved structure; to relate better to my Enric Miralles concept.



4) This fourth image shows how the Lightrail stop is the standout architectural feature along Anzac Parade; sculpturally standing out.
Also, it demonstrates how people may interact with the space; playing with levels, height and pedestrian multi-directional movement.



5) This image is taken from my desired location of the physical Lightrail platforms. Each of the two prisms on this level will hold a train going either direction.
Situated above the pedestrian walkways as to not impede foot traffic; enclosed with the trees to prevent noise pollution travelling into the university



No comments:

Post a Comment